Monday, June 23, 2014

Sister Beck's Email

Here is an excerpt from Sister Beck's email home (Tasha's companion) with an update on some of their investigators.

Amazing week! 21 lessons and 5 new investigators!
Ya incredible! I want to just brief y'all on a few of those I'm teaching!

Joanna: was found a few months ago by Sister Hanna and her last companion as they walked past her house. They had quickly taught her the restoration with the pamphlet and left it with her. She wasn't that interested, but her son Leo, was always playing with the pamphlet and wanting to read it. She took that as a sign to learn more. She is now the most progressing person I've ever met and so golden! She is in Alma 17 as of last night, and texts us questions and insights she has every night. She loves the Book of Mormon and can not wait to be baptized, because she knows how important it is and it will show Him her love for Him and willingness to do the things He needs her to. She and I have a great connection and it's really cool! She made us dinner last night which was a miracle, because church is at 1pmand I had to go to church at 11 because we have investigator that goes to the other ward, so I missed lunch. And after church we had a meeting at 5 pm that was 20 min away, so we couldn't eat dinner. And I was concerned as to how I was going to survive.. But Joanna fed us and it was marvelous! We read the scriptures as we cooked, it was great!

Rene: My first day here in Naples we walked around a neighborhood and as we past a small intersection this guy had his window down, and I just gave him aMormon.org card and I was way nervous because I was scared he'd chuck it back at me a slice me with it, but he kindly took it. And about 20 minutes later he pulled up beside us as we walked and asked us who we were. :) we invited him to our ward talent show that Saturday and he came! He then was fellowshipped by an awesome member who invited him to church and he's come the past 3 weeks! So we went on splits and I went with a member to the other ward with him yesterday. We taught him the restoration Thursday and he said he had found a Book of Mormon before and had kept it! So he would look for it, so he could read it! :) he told me I was a great witness of Jesus Christ after I testified of the restoration and then yesterday he told me the three of us were amazing representatives of Jesus Christ. It was the greatest compliment ever! We'll be teaching himtomorrow!

Sam: the one we met at the beach. He came to everything we invited him to this week, including lessons and our missionary movie night activity, where we watched Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration. However, he has found some concerns, anti-literature.. So we are praying so hard he prays to really get his answers from the source, God.

Jasmine: she's getting baptized this Saturday. She's 18 and is excited to leave behind her old life! I'm way excited for her. She will be going to the army in September so this is perfect! She also wants to marry someone that holds the priesthood, it's adorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment