Monday, June 23, 2014

Teaching Away

Familia & Friends,

I apologize for not having an email this week we were talking to this sweet guy named John & showed him "Because of Him." Hopefully he'll be interested in learning more, we got his number & we will see what happens.

Here are my notes from a stake meeting we had last night for the Fort Myers Stake & here are Sister Beck's notes from it to...

My notes:

Stake & Ward council Training


President Cusick

Golden Gate Branch is the perfect example on how to see an agenda in how it should be done.

Showed "Because of Him." Very important message that you have that others need.

Think different, act different!

It is our time  to make great things happen.

237 people at their sacrament meeting, wow

D&C 4:1-4

120 names will turn into 10 investigators that will stay.

Mission wide we are at 2.3 referrals received from members a month :( not good.

Work together!!! Now is the time, this is not going away.

People either fear or misunderstand missionary work.

What we do - We ask direct questions all day long.

Promise: if your take care of others families someone will take care of yours.

NOW IS THE TIME- Pres. Monson


President Thompson

D&C 80:3

Members responsibility to INVITE :)

Role plays!!! With members, during church meetings

D&C 84:19-22

Hasten YOUR work, living out loud

What's the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? Come & see :)

The Lord will bless us!!!"


Do you really think God will let you fail after He has clearly commanded us to preach His gospel? Has He asked too much of us? He has asked us to gather His children in, so more of His children will be ready for His coming. Is this any less than God commanding us to be
chaste, full-tithe payers, live His code of health and living the 10 commandments? Is there a difference here? When He commands us to do something, He always has a promised blessing attached. This 110% includes missionary work. You can not hide from this commandment, it
is your duty as a member of Christ's church to invite and bring souls unto Him. We had a general authority and then President Cusick yesterday, ask us to stand up if we had less active or nonmember family members. All missionaries stood up. We were promised then by
the general authority that if we work diligently here, our less active or nonmember family will be taken care of. One missionary was asked what they would give up to have those members of his family join or come back to the church, with out hesitation and a tremble from holding back tears he said, "everything, and anything!" I am doing my best out here so I too can have this promise, because I recognize now that this is a commandment and now that I know I must change and never go back to where I was.


Revelations 3:15-16     
No more fence sitting or being in or out! because if you are fence sitting... He will throw you up. This is not a light subject. I am totally a different person because of serving a mission and I am a witness that when putting all your efforts into inviting souls to come unto Christ, all aspects of life will improve. I see myself so much more clear, as He sees me. I know I am a daughter of a King, he loves me and sees me as who I can become. I am more able to see my potential as a child of God and no more fear the little things in life or even the big things. Everything that has happened to me has had an amazing purpose and I now can see that. I
may not be able to always know the reason right as I am going through the trial, but I know that I will someday. I only must have the confidence and faith in my Savior that it is playing out he way it is suppose to. And that faith and confidence comes from doing the small and simple things, Scriptures EVERYDAY!(no excuses) prayer EVERYDAY, church, service, keeping ALL commandments, the primary answers we have heard our whole lives! No I am not perfect at all and I definitely have many things I need to work on and improve, but I know when we focus more on others and less of ourselves, those imperfections, short-comings and weaknesses will be made strong and will be fixed. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to reach our potential, but we can't beat ourselves up when we fall short and mess up. Try it out! See if focusing on others helps our weaknesses become stronger! It's helped me and I feel absolutely amazing about myself! Who doesn't want to feel that, confidence! In yourself and of God's love for you!

"When you have done your very best, you may still experience disappointments, but you will not be disappointed in yourself. You can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the Spirit working through you."

Love you all!

Oh p.s. We met almost all of our goals this week, it went amazing & we had 6 investigators at church yesterday. Oh & Joanna this week was reading in Jacob & she is already in Alma 20, she is eating up the Book of Mormon. Oh & keep Sam in your prayers we think he came across an anti Mormon site & he said he has things to talk to us that he is bothered with. Please pray for him to see the truth!!!!!

LOVE! LOVE LOVE you & I'm sorry for missing a lot of people's birthdays & I probably will be horrible at it till the end of the mission, we have WORK to do people, Please help hasten it!!!! It's why we are alive.  Think about it, go to the basics, why are we here? 2 reasons: to gain bodies & to CHOOSE GOOD. Well what is choosing good? GOD, CHOOSE GOD, means to bring HIS children back to HIM. Do you believe this? THEN DO IT!!! I love you all & I love God more because I know if I love God more it's the best way of you being taken care of & being truly happy.

LOVE,

Sister Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment